The summer Seniors Open Day was played on the 5th June: the morning was cool and overcast with players having to “put an extra layer on” but the weather improved to produce a sunny afternoon with gentle breeze.
190 players turned out – an excellent attendance: only 40 of those playing were members of Normanton Golf Club.
Very complimentary comments were received about the organisation of the event, the quality of the course, the club house facilites and catering provided by the Hall Manager and his team.
The Ladies Section worked hard to provide the special refreshments at the Half Way House and their efforts were very much appreciated by the visitors who donated over £200 to the Captain's Charity.
The first ten pairs were awarded prizes: the winning score was 51 points and the pair in tenth position scored 45 points. Full results can be found on the clubs website. Mr R Hitchcock from Woodhall Hills got a “hole in one” and twenty seven players recorded a “Two”: all were given complimentary golf balls. The 2nd and 12th holes featured for the nearest the pin competition which was won by Mr J Nesbitt (2nd) and Mr G Dalton (12th).
All visitors said that they had really enjoyed the day.
Many thanks to all who contributed to making the day a great success. The results are below
1. 51 points - G Gill and J Dickenson - Normanton Golf Club
2. 48 points - E Duguid and P Mason - Woodall Hills Golf Club
3. 48 points - T Nichol and A Briscoe - East Bierley Golf Club
4. 47 points - B Windmill and B Deeley - Normanton Golf Club
5. 47 points - N Brummitt and J Keeling - Barnsley Golf Club
6. 46 points - B Harvey - Normanton Golf Club - and J Tirrill - Wakefield Golf Club
7. 46 points - C Smith and G Wrigglesworth - Scarthingwell Golf Club
8. 46 points - J Flockton and T Jones - Normanton Golf Club
9. 45 points - N Watson and D Beck - Scarthingwell Golf Club
10. 45 points - D Heaton and D Ryley - Normanton Golf Club
Nearest the pin winners
Hole 2 - J Nisbet - Darrington Golf Club
Hole 12 - G Dalton - Bradford Moor Golf Club